Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Blog for WP2

My topic that I chose for my blog is how technology plays a major role in communication around the world. I want to expand on the use of technology back in the 1900s as opposed to technology in the 21st century, technology and its effect on global communication, and technology on culture.
One of my sources that I found is called "Media and the City: Urbanism, Technology, and Communication." This source focuses on the ideas of urbanism and communication, and how they are synthesized in a sense. The way this source will help with my explanation is by giving an example of present day life and the way that technology impacts it. The second source I am using is called "Technologies of History: Visual Media and the Eccentricity of the Past." This source serves to explain my main point of technology and communication in the 1900s. This source can be summarized as a historiography of film, television, video games, and digital media. Communication is not just limited to talking over the phone; different ideas can be communicated nonverbally as well. Video games also communicate a message to the player. My second source is a Ted Talk on how Dawesar dealt with living during Hurricane Sandy, and its effect on the access to technology. My third source was "The Impact of Social Media and Technology on Professionalism in Medical Education." This source is supposed to exemplify how communications technology plays a role in education and work.

No comments:

Post a Comment