Tuesday, February 9, 2016

So originally my topic for this synthesis essay focused on music. In my original design plan I wanted to communicate to the audience that playing an instrument or listening to different types of music teaches an individual to pay attention to fine detail as well as broaden their musical spectrum. At first, I thought my topic was pretty cool until we had the first peer review. One of the girls who was in my group for the peer review was reviewing another classmate’s paper which was also about the same topic I had. The one comment she said was “Everybody does this topic. It’s so boring because everyone could do this.” After hearing this I felt so bad about my paper that I immediately changed my topic which was not an easy task. I spent the whole night trying to write another draft for the next class, but I was failing terribly until it hit me that I needed a solution to my stress in order to write this paper. That solution was comfort! Now my essay is on the topic of comfort and what comfort really means to me. In this essay I want to communicate to the audience that comfort has many forms and meanings to every individual whether it be food or music. Being in college and writing to an audience of college students, I know that we all have dealt with some sort of stress regarding our academics so I thought it would be fun to write about comfort in order to make me feel a little better about school. My experience writing this paper was pretty rough in all honesty because I had a hard time pushing myself to write, but it was a nice challenge I believe. I think I accomplished what I set out to do for this project except with a different topic. All in all, my experience was an interesting one indeed and stressful at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment